- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other commonwealths, territories and possessions) 18 years of age or older as of the date referenced below as the start date for the Contest (“Entrants”). Employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), including household members of the Contest Entities are not eligible to enter. By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from Entrant’s participation in this Contest or from the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or attendance at any event. OCULUS reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. U.S. law governs this Contest. Contest is void where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on February 8, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. PST and ends on March 17, 2016 at 11:50 pm, PST (the Contest Period). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
- HOW TO ENTER: All Contest entries must be made by visiting OCULUS’ website, www.microcynah.com/photocontest, and following the directions provided therein to submit a photograph of your pet and telling us in 250 words or less why your pet’s health is important to you. Digital photographs should be taken at high resolution but please limit file size to a maximum of 4mb. Photographs must be in a .jpeg or .jpg format (full size of at least 300kb) Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address, and per household for the duration of the Contest Period. Entries received from any person, e-mail address, or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- JUDGING: All voting will be conducted online by website visitors. Visitors may vote only once a day for any one entry. Entrants may share their entry photo on their own social media accounts to encourage others to vote. The entry with the most votes at 11:50 PM PST, March 17, 2016 will win the Contest. Voters will be encouraged to select entries according to the following criteria: adherence to the question why your pet’s health is important to you, emotional appeal, composition, expression, and quality of content. All written submissions and photographs submitted as part of the Contest shall become the property of OCULUS. Such submissions shall constitute an assignment of the copyright and all other rights to the entry. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. OCULUS reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the promotion in whole or in part by giving such notice, in any form and manner deemed appropriate by OCULUS.
- DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS: On or about March 17, 2016, five (5) Winners will be selected based on the criteria set forth in paragraph (5) from among all eligible online entries received by the end of the Contest Period. Selection of the Winners shall be conducted under the supervision of OCULUS. OCULUS will notify potential Winners by telephone and/or email.
- PRIZES: Five (5) first place prizes of a $100 Visa Gift Card will be awarded based upon verification of potential winner’s eligibility. All prizes will be awarded. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except at the sole discretion of OCULUS. All prizes will be mailed to the verified Winners and Winners assume the risk of loss. OCULUS is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize. You are not a Winner until your entry has been validated.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: The potential Winners will be required to sign and return any applicable documents sent by OCULUS related to the Contest, which may include but are not limited to a waiver of liability, publicity release and an affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of notification. Failure to return documents as specified will result in entry being disqualified, and an alternate Winner being selected from eligible entries previously received. Where permitted by law, Winner agrees to grant to OCULUS and OCULUS’ licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, adapt, modify, broadcast and use, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner’s name, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews as may be determined by OCULUS. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner or potential Winner selected from eligible entries previously received and in accordance with these Official Rules; and while not obligated to do so, OCULUS may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which OCULUS, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate for Winners or potential Winners to appear for a presentation or other activity. Further, by accepting a prize, Winner agrees to release and hold harmless OCULUS, their parent, subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in this Contest. IN NO EVENT WILL OCULUS, ITS SUBSIDIARY, LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR SPONSOR, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPERESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONTEST, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. OCULUS reserves the right, at OCULUS’ sole discretion, to disqualify any individual OCULUS finds, in OCULUS’ sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site; to be in violation of the terms of service of the Contest Entities’ web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted email address. OCULUS is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of this Contest or in the announcement or awarding of a prize.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION: OCULUS will not sell, rent or otherwise transfer this information to any third party.
- DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in California having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of California without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, nor consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorney’s fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of Winners, available after March 17, 2016, send an email requesting the information to: info@Oculusis.com. Include the words “WINTER HOLIDAY PHOTO CONTEST WINNER REQUEST” in the subject line.
- SPONSOR: Oculus Innovative Sciences located at 1129 N. McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954.